Remedies for Thickening Hair
In today’s hectic lifestyle, hair loss problems plague millions of people around the globe. There are many factors that can contribute to hair fall and improper hair care is also one of the common causes of hair loss or thinning hair. It takes a few changes in your lifestyle to obtain thick silky hair. Although, there are a variety of products and medications available today in the market, many people prefer natural remedies because of their zero side effects. Natural remedies are cost efficient, easy to use and are effective enough to produce lustrous, thick hair. Following are some of the most effective natural remedies for thickening hair, which can help you maintain thick hair naturally.
- Mix a package of gelatin into your regular shampoo and shake well to dissolve. Use this mixture to wash your hair as usual, this will help you achieve that thick, beautiful hair. Gelatin adds texture and coats each hair strand.
- For a more effective treatment, take a cup filled with warm water and dissolve gelatin into it. Then, apply this mixture into your hair and scalp. Leave it on to dry and then shampoo your hair as usual.
Banana and Avocado:
- Mixture of avocado and banana can also make a great homemade remedy for treating thin hair. Avocados are rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, B vitamins and proteins, which are essential for healthy hair growth.
- Bananas contain vitamin A and potassium, which regulate moisture balance and oil production in the scalp. Unhealthy scalp can also contribute to hair loss and thinning hair. To create this hair pack, you can mash Â¼ of an avocado and banana until it becomes a creamy smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture onto your hair and scalp generously, and keep it covered for at least 20 minutes with the help of a shower cap. Then, wash it off by using a mild natural shampoo. Using this pack on a regular basis will help you get healthier and stronger hair slowly, leaving your scalp clean.
- Massaging the scalp with a raw egg is also one of the most common home remedies for thickening hair. While applying, work through your hair by using a wide tooth comb to make sure that its drenches each strand and the entire length of your hair. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
- Eggs contain proteins, vitamin E, D, A and a variety of vitamin B complex, which are essential for maintaining healthy, strong hair. Vitamin D is proved to be extremely beneficial for thinning hair, while vitamin A helps increase and regulates oil production in the scalp, keeping your hair hydrated always and avoid dry and brittle hair.
- Vitamin E stimulates hair follicles, repairs damaged hair follicles and moisturizes your scalp, encouraging faster and healthy hair growth, while protein promotes healthy hair growth.
- Honey is another simple yet effective treatment for thin and dull hair. Since, honey is extremely sticky and thick, applying honey over your hair may take quite some time.
- Apply it slowly and gently by using a squeeze bottle. Once you have applied enough amount of honey over your scalp and hair, massage throughout the scalp and hair. Pin your hair up with the help of a hair clip or a clutch and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Then, rinse it off properly with cool water.
- Honey is rich in nutrients that strengthen and revitalize brittle, dry hair and thicken hair texture. Regular application of honey onto your hair can also highlight hair over time, therefore brunettes may like to use syrup for the same effect. Honey is considered as one of the best natural remedies for thickening hair.