Hair Growth: Is Henna Good for Hair Growth?
Henna or mehandi is a great conditioner for the hair. It is a safe and natural remedy for hair growth. Besides used as a dye, it can be used as a hair loss treatment. It has been used since ages to promote healthy, lustrous hair.
Henna for hair growth
It is a herbal cure for hair loss. It also helps in maintaining beautiful, healthy hair. The benefits of henna for hair are:
- Henna heals the hair shaft by repairing and sealing the cuticles. This makes the hair strong and stops hair-breakage.
- It also adds shine to lackluster hair.
- Henna is said to balance the level of pH in the scalp and prevent hair fall.
- It clears dandruff from the scalp. This cures hair loss due to dandruff.
- Henna also cures dryness of the scalp which can make the hair dry and brittle.
- It reverses the harmful effects of blow drying, chemical treatment and pollution.
- It prevents greying of the hair prematurely.
- It is a natural dye. It doesn’t harm hair, unlike the chemical hair dyes.
- It can be applied as a conditioner to make your hair sleek, shiny and soft.
Application of henna
If you want to stimulate hair growth the natural way, follow the instructions given below:
- Heat one-fourth liter mustard oil on low flame.
- Add some crushed henna leaves to the oil.
- Boil this mixture for sometime.
- Turn it off once it is reddish brown.
- Strain it when the mixture cools down.
- Store this oil, on cooling.
- Apply it with lemon juice or curd by gently massaging the scalp.
- Leave it on for a few hours.
- Rinse it with water.